The Spinsters of San Francisco (SOSF) is a social and philanthropic organization of young professional unmarried women unique to the San Francisco Bay Area.
Since 1929, SOSF has created a strong network of women who make a positive impact in the community through volunteering and fundraising events.
August 2018 to present
- 2020-2021 Membership Selection Committee Co-Chair: Along with another Co-Chair and our Recruitment Director, I help oversee the recruitment and application process and the Membership Selection Committee consisted of 5+ members. I also help plan our recruitment events and promote Spinsters in a positive way to help bring in and retain Prospective New Members.
- 2019-2020 Membership Selection Committee Member: I helped coordinate in-person (pre-COVID) and virtual recruitment events for prospective new members and active members and took part in the overall recruitment and selection process.
- 2019-2020 Fleet or Flight Co-Chair: I helped plan our annual Fleet Week fundraiser for our nonprofit partner La Cocina, marketing the event, obtaining sponsorships, and organizing day-of logistics. The event raised over $5000 for La Cocina.
- 2018-2019 Volunteer Outreach Committee Member: I helped coordinate volunteer events for active members.
Spark’s mission was to advance gender equality by engaging the next generation in accessible forms of philanthropy. We did this primarily through our participatory grantmaking model.
January 2018 to September 2019
- 2018-2019 Spark Champion: I participated in a seasonal program to learn more about fundraising and pledged to raise $1000 for Spark. I accomplished this through organizing a dance class fundraiser and selling tickets for the 2018 Black and Pink Ball.
- 2018 Cocktails for a Cause (SF) Host: I raised $350 to host Spark’s spring event.
- Grantee Advocate: I presented on Fearless Collective at an Investment Committee meeting, which the committee voted on to receive a Spark grant.